Monday, February 23, 2009

Doughnuts!!







Doughnuts!
This is Bailey. Today, while on our way back from Mount Vernon, Joe decided to start hugging Emma and Dalis, being the closest to him and torturing every one else in the car. Earlier while on our way to Mount Vernon, we saw a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop… Dalis started yelling, “Crispy cream! Crispy cream! Turn left!” Emma stared to say “OOOOH, they are all hot, they have just been made, see the sign!” We passed it with a chorus of moans and groans and went on to Mount Vernon. But later, on our way back, we saw it again, and again Dalis started yelling, “Crispy cream! Turn right! Turn right! You have to turn right! We’re too late they’re all cold!” We were following Mr. Ekin in the van ahead of us when they pulled in, Dalis started yelling once again, “Yeeeeeessssssssssss!”

4 comments:

  1. After my own heart! Dalis's first Krispy Kreme was in Phoenix, AZ when she was about 4. I guess it scarred her for life!

    Shelby (Dalis's aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is her mother's daughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me someone ate one for me!!! :)

    Mrs. Moody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness....Crispy Creme! I remember the first time I went in Virginia and then how exciting it was to see them build out here! What is it about those warm sugary doughnuts? AWESOME!! Way to go...making those memories. :o)
    Glad to see you are having a wonderful experience...it makes me miss the East Coast.
    Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete