Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

February 25, 2009

Today was awesome; it might just be the second best day. We went to Ash Wednesday at the National Cathedral. It was very long, and I felt very out of place, because everybody knew exactly what to do, and I had never done anything like it before. We then left the cathedral and went to the Cathedral College and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. We then went home changed into some casual clothes and played cards for about an hour. After this, we walked to the subway and took it to the Smithsonian Museum of American History. I started in the bottom floor and worked my way up to the third floor.

An estimation states that if you were to spent a minute at each thing in the museums, it would take about 100 years to go though them all. (Mel told us that)

By the end of looking at stuff at the museum, my feet were soar and I had only gone through three of the six exhibits: Presidents, American Wars and Politics, and Transportation and Technology.

We came home, blogged a little, and we are about to explore the cathedral where we attended church this morning.

2 comments:

  1. I love Ash Wednesday. All the Catholics are marked, so I can go talk to 'em. :) It's also pretty easy to start conversations too: "Hey, you've got something on your forehead."
    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lex, did you write this?
    If you did, you forgot to sign your name.
    I love hearing all about your days - you guys sure sound busy, but sounds wonderful @ the same time!
    Thanks to all for being so faithful in your nightly blogging. I look forward each evening to reading the nightly entry.
    Mrs. Krueger

    ReplyDelete